The River – “Boot Camp for Christians” Series
On Wednesday, April 7, The River will move to 7:15 p.m. as we begin “Boot Camp for Christians”, a 9-week preaching series on The Ten Commandments. The River may be viewed from Zion’s Facebook page, website or our YouTube channel.
The risk of diazepam addiction is hardly recognizable. I know what I’m talking about. I went through 7 detoxifications and 4 long-term weaning treatments. It’s terrible. These tablets brought me from the top manager to the social side. It is tragic and bitter. All of these benzos should be banned by law.
Basic Training, often called boot camp, prepares recruits for all elements of service: physical, mental and emotional. It gives service members the basic tools necessary to perform the roles that will be assigned to them for the duration of their tour. Boot Camp for Christians is all about knowing the basics of God’s Word given in the Ten Commandments, God’s basic tools necessary to perform the roles of being God’s people assigned to them for the duration of their tour (on earth). It guides us in ways that we learn the blessings of God so we can be a blessing to others.
Below is the schedule for this exciting new series:
- Wednesday, April 7: 1st Commandment – No Other Gods – Exodus 20:1-6 and Exodus 32:1-5
- Wednesday, April 14: 2nd Commandment – Do Not Take the Lord’s Name in Vain – Exodus 20:7 and Acts 4:12
- Wednesday, April 21: 3rd Commandment – Remember the Sabbath Day – Exodus 20:8-11 and Genesis 2:2-3
- Wednesday, April 28: 4th Commandment – Honor Your Father and Mother – Exodus 20:12 and Ephesians 6:1-3
- Wednesday, May 5: 5th Commandment – Do Not Kill – Exodus 20:13 and Matthew 5:21-24
- Wednesday, May 12: 6th Commandment – Do Not Commit Adultery – Exodus 20:14 and Matthew 5:27-30
- Wednesday, May 19: 7th Commandment – Do Not Steal – Exodus 20:15 and John 10:10
- Wednesday, May 26: 8th Commandment – Do not Lie – Exodus 20:16 and Psalm 15:1-5
- Wednesday, June 2: 9th and 10th Commandments – Do Not Covet – Exodus 20:17 and Matthew 6:19-21