High School Ministry
Encourage, Equip, Empower
Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they’re happy; share tears when they’re down. Get along with each other; don’t be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don’t be the great somebody. Don’t hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you’ve got it in you, get along with everybody. Don’t insist on getting even; that’s not for you to do. “I’ll do the judging,” says God. “I’ll take care of it.”Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he’s thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness. Don’t let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good. – Romans 12:14-21 MSG
Welcome to Zion High School Ministry!
The goal of Zion High School Ministry is to encourage, equip, and empower high school youth in exploring what it means to live out their faith as a servant leader in our community.
Common Ground is meant to be a place where all should feel welcome, be welcomed, and want to welcome others. We will laugh, have fun, grow in relation with each other and the community, and have opportunities to grow in our faith through three different aspects:
- Fellowship: High School Ministry will be centered in community.
- Faith: High School Ministry will have a focus on faith and how it intersects with our lives.
- Servant Leadership: High School Ministry at Zion will offer focuses on servant leadership and what that looks like in peer-to-peer relationships and our community.
Interested in see what it is all about? Come and be a part of Common Ground!
- Weekly Bonfires: Starting in late July, Zion will be offering weekly bonfires to all high school youth. Come for some fun, laughs, discussions and more! Want details, check out our blog!
- Summer Trips: Every summer, Zion offers summer trips to all 8th-12th grade youth! These trips include: The Boundary Waters, ELCA Youth Gathering, Nicaragua, and more! These trips offer great ways to build community, see the world in different ways, and build new relationships with our brothers and sisters across the world.
Nicaragua Trip, 2019
Click on the video to watch.
Announcements for High School Ministry, and Children, Youth & Family
Click on the image to read full announcement.
All middle schoolers are invited to a Middle School Fun Night on Wednesday, July 28 at 7:30 pm. Enjoy camp games, treats and hanging out with Green Lake camp counselors and our summer interns.
Through learning about Jesus, exploring God’s Word, singing & celebrating, kids will learn to care for creation at home, in our community, and in the world. Aug 2-5 from 9:30-11:30 am for kids ages 3-Grade 5.
At Sports Camp Coach Glen Semanko introduces Bible stories, books, movie clips and safety learning. August 9-12 from 9-11:30 am for kids grades K-2 and August 9-12 from 12:30-3 pm for kids grades 3-5.
Kid City Sunday School is a place where kids learn about Jesus, grow in faith, pray and celebrate! Kid City Sunday School returns Sunday mornings this September. Watch for registration information in August.
Last December Zion Kids created a Christmas “program” video entitled “Miracle in the Manger”. Read on for more information and to watch this creative and inspiring video.